3. With the economy in the dumps for the last few years, it means less trash in the landfills in Florida. (HT: Steve Bartin)
4. NY Fed Report: Consumer Goods from China Are Getting More Expensive (and we can expect that trend to continue).
2. Twenty high-profile economists
have urged the British government to drop the top 50 percent income tax rate, which they say is doing "lasting damage" to the UK economy.
5. "Managers for the U.K.'g government-run National Health Service are making patients wait longer than necessary for operations, with one claiming that treating them quickly “raises expectations.” In some areas, patients endured delays of 12 or 15 weeks after GPs decided they needed surgery, even though hospitals could have seen them sooner."
6. In contrast to the last item, read about Thomas Sowell's "same-day" medical service in the U.S.