"It's Not The End of the World" Friday Links
1. Scott Grannis updated his "20 Bullish Charts" from a year ago, and concludes that the economy is not at risk of a double-dip recession.
2. Daniel Indiviglio of The Atlantic comes to the same conclusion in his article "That Double Dip Everybody's Talking About? It's Not Here."
3. The Conference Board reported this week that the Leading Economic Indexes for July increased in Japan (+0.90%) and the U.K. (+0.30%).
4. Monster Employment Indexes increased in August for the U.S. (+8% from last year) and Europe (+21% annual growth).
5. According to new data from the New York Fed, there is only a 1-in-40 chance of a recession through August 2012 (2.41% probability).
6. Why the Economy Might Not Be as Bad as You Think