Monster Employment Index Europe: 16-Month High
European Online Recruitment Activity Reaches 16-month high, Reports Monster Employment Index
June 2010 Index Highlights:
1. The Monster Employment Index Europe reported two percent increase in online worker demand in June, with job opportunities up 12 percent year-on-year
2. Online job availability increased the most in production, manufacturing, maintenance and repair, from both a monthly and annual perspective
3. Germany registered the sharpest monthly increase among major countries, while Sweden continued to exhibit the most positive long-term trend
4. June marked the fifth consecutive month of expansion in online job opportunities, suggesting the overall industry is on a path of gradual recovery. This is also reflected in the accelerated rate of annual growth compared to the previous month.
5. Job opportunities are now up 12 percent compared to June 2009 and their highest level since February 2009.