Wednesday, October 08, 2008

A Couple of Great Letters From FreeMarket Politics

Dear UnitedHealthcare:

As you may know, health care coverage is now a right. Barack Obama said so in last night's debate. The purpose of this letter is to inform you that I have decided to stop paying monthly insurance premiums. I don't pay a dime for any of my other rights - life, liberty, pursuit of happiness, blah blah blah... - why should I pay you guys for health insurance? Of course, I expect you to continue to provide your services for me and my family. If you don't, I'll sue you. For violating my rights.

Best Regards,

Jeff Lehner

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Wells Fargo:

I'm writing to inform you that I have decided not to make my next eight (8) mortgage payments. There are nine (9) rooms in my home; I only have one (1) high-definition television. You do the math. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact Treasury Secretary Hank Paulson. He is responsible for keeping me in my home. Whatever that means.

Best Regards,

Jeff Lehner

4 Comments:

At 10/08/2008 4:43 PM, Blogger juandos said...

Well the Cook County Sheriff wasted no time taking up Jeff Lehner's advice...

 
At 10/08/2008 7:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Federal Reserve:

As you may know corporate greed and corruption is now a right. Secretary Henry Paulson said so in his last scare tactic speech. The purpose of this letter is to inform you that I have decided to ask you for an additional $37.8billion and we will stop paying any of the previously borrowed $85 billion dollars.

I don't pay a dime for any of my other rights - life, liberty, pursuit of happiness, blah blah blah... - why should I pay you guys for the first loan? Of course, I expect you to continue to provide your additional billions for me and my family. If you don't, I'll sue you. For violating my rights.

Please send the new $37.8 billion check to the St. Regis resort in Monarch Beach you can find us on the golf course or spa getting a happy endding massage.

Best Regards,
AIG Executives

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2008/10/07/business/main4505573.shtml

'

 
At 10/08/2008 10:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

On a side note, Senator Obama also said that he will deploy U.S. forces on the basis of morality (rather than strategic interest) while Joe Biden provided an example saying that U.S. troops should have been deployed to Lebanon after the Cedar Revolution so that Hezbollah would not have ended up with a stake in the government. You might have missed this one since Senator Biden stated that the
"U.S. kicked Hezbollah out of Lebanon" when he should have said Syria although tough words from the U.S. were not the cause of the withdrawal but thousands of Lebanese protesting the presence of Syrian troops.

Deploying troops without clear goals and strategic interests was the very policy that led to the deployment and failure in Somalia.

 
At 10/09/2008 2:39 PM, Blogger OBloodyHell said...

OTOH, "That One" also said, despite his loud and endless claims that we had no business going into Iraq "unilaterally", that he would invade Pakistan uninvited to go after OBL.

Nothing like multiple standards depending on the moment, izzit?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home