1. NY Times -- Some scholars are challenging the peer review monopoly and are instead using the Internet to "expose scholarly thinking to the swift collective judgment of a much broader interested audience." (HT: Steve Bartin)
2. If all elite private universities enacted race-blind admissions, the percentage of Asian students would jump from 24 percent to 39 percent (similar to what they already are now at Caltech and Berkeley, two elite institutions with race-blind admissions; the former due to a belief in meritocracy, the latter due to Proposition 209).
3. Top 10 NBA Player Highlight Reels On Youtube
4. Tiger Woods and World's Top 10 Highest Divorce Settlements
5. Did Bully Boss Prompt Editor's Suicide at University of Virginia? Editor Made 18 Calls to University Before Committing Suicide