1. Family companies represent 60% of the nation's employment and almost 80% of all new jobs. Family businesses control roughly 50% of the country's GDP and some 35% of the Fortune 500 are family businesses.
2. There is a real hunger in consumers for customized, personalized products, and a new wave of entrepreneur is capitalizing on this trend to bring "customization to commerce" for chocolate, men’s dress shirts, and a whole lot more.
3. Maywood, a city in California now outsources everything. Sky hasn't fallen.
4. Another California city, Bell (population of 38,000), one of the poorest municipalities in Los Angeles County, is paying its city manager an annual salary of $800,000 and its police chief is making $457,000 per year. Outsourcing anyone?
5. Books sold on the Kindle are now outpacing the hardcover books Amazon sells. In the past month, for every 100 hardcover books sold, there have been 180 Kindle books sold through Amazon.
6. Wi-Fi service is now offered on more than one-third of the nation's passenger planes.