May Monster Employment Index Rises 14% vs. 2009
From today's Monster Employment Report for May 2010:
1. The Monster Employment Index rose one point in May to 134 as employers continue to step-up hiring activity.
2. Year-over-year growth rate climbed for the fourth consecutive month in May, and the Monster Employment Index is now 14% (16 points) above the May 2009 index of 118.
3. Online demand rose in 12 of the 20 industries monitored by the Index and remained flat in four. Healthcare and social assistance industry saw the strongest rise in online job demand in May.
4. Manufacturing and transportation industries continue 3-month growth trend.
5. Online job demand rose in May in 15 of the 28 major metro markets monitored by the Monster Index, with Orlando registering the largest monthly gain. Compared to May last year, all metro areas have experienced employment gains.