Conference Board: Eight Leading Indexes Increased
Over the last two weeks, The Conference Board has released leading economic indexes for the following eight countries, which all registered increases in April (and May for the U.S.):
1. The U.K. leading economic index increased by 0.6 percent in April to 102.2 (2004 = 100), following gains of 1.1 percent in March and 0.6 percent in February.
2. The Korea leading economic index increased 0.2 percent in April.
3. The leading economic index for Spain increased 0.2 percent in April.
4. The leading index for the United States increased 0.4 percent in May, following no change in April, and a 1.4 percent rise in March.
5. France increased 0.8 percent.
6. The leading index in Germany rose sharply again in April by 1.6%, and it has been rising for more than a year now.
7. Australia increased 0.1 percent in April.
8. Mexico increased 0.7 percent in April.