Tiffany Worldwide Sales Rise 22% in Q1
Worldwide sales at Tiffany & Co. increased 22% in the first quarter ended April 30, 2010 due to growth in most regions and product categories. As a result of the strong, and higher-than-expected, sales growth and operating margin, net earnings more than doubled to $0.50 per diluted share."
- Sales in the Americas increased 22% to $315.3 million.
- Internet and catalog sales in the Americas rose 23%.
- In Asia-Pacific, sales increased 50% to $122.3 million.
- Sales in Europe rose 25% to $68.6 million.
- In Japan, sales declined 2% to $115.0 million.