April Las Vegas Home Sales At 4-Year High; Foreclosure Sales Lowest in More Than Two Years
From the DQNews report on April Las Vegas home sales:
1. A total of 4,462 new and resale houses sold in the Las Vegas metro area last month, down 8.5% from March but up 0.2% from a year earlier. A decline in sales between March and April is not unusual, with the decrease averaging 4.3%.
2. April’s home sales were the highest for that month since April 2006, when 6,663 homes sold, but it was 4.2% below the average April sales tally back to 1994.
3. April marked the 20th in a row in which sales have risen on a year-over-year basis, although last month’s increase was the smallest yet.
4. Foreclosure resales fell to 51.9% of resales in April, down from 53.5% in March and down from a record-high 73.7% in April 2009. Foreclosure resales have declined each month since the year-ago peak.
5. April's foreclosures of 51.9% were the lowest in more than two years, going back to March 2008.