Thursday, August 02, 2007

Minneapolis I-35W Bridge Collapses into Mississippi

See security camera footage that shows the actual collapse of the I-35W bridge in Minneapolis yesterday.

In less than 24 hours, "instant online encyclopedia" Wikipedia already has an extensive listing on the "I-35W Mississippi River Bridge," with a history of the bridge, more than 40 references, photos, external links, alternate routes, etc., updated continuously.

Note: I left Minneapolis yesterday about 1 p.m. to drive down to the Winona, MN area, about 100 miles south of Minneapolis on the Mississippi River, and I am now looking out at a magnificent, peaceful river scene from Buffalo City, Wisconsin, just south of Lock and Dam #4 near Alma, WI, quite a contrast to the chaos and destruction on the Mississippi in Minneapolis, just north of Lock and Dam #1.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home