Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Reshoring: Outsourcing to China Goes Into Reverse

HAYWARD, CALIF. -- "Housewares company Simple Wave LLC is moving production of its CaliBowls (pictured above) to the U.S. after two years of manufacturing in China. 

The move from a contract manufacturer in China to injection molder Jatco Inc. in Union City, Calif., fits with Simple Wave’s desire to have its bowl made in the U.S., and allows it more control over quality and delivery, said Meaghan Mott, vice president of sales."

HT: Scott Bury

3 Comments:

At 10/26/2011 6:57 PM, Blogger Buddy R Pacifico said...

Check out the link to the Calibowls. This company has added some very unique features to bowls that are quite functional. The Made in USA label will help sales/

 
At 10/26/2011 8:35 PM, Blogger AIG said...

Quality is the key problem I have run across from China. Two companies that I have worked for have both had the same experience.

I myself had to go on occasions to help train Quality Engineers in our plant there. What I discovered was that they are very far below standard. I also went to Mexico to do the same thing, and the Mexican engineers at least were several times better than their Chinese counterparts.

But I'm sure Mr. VangeIV will come by and tell me all about the numbers of graduates China produces, the beautiful airport in Shanghai (even though once I got there, I had to drive for 6 hours to our destination, a 1 million+ city with NO airport whatsoever), or the wonderful high speed rail they have (remember VangeIV when you said that rail in China is made from the same quality as the one in the US? Oops! How embarrassing for you)

 
At 10/26/2011 10:01 PM, Blogger sethstorm said...

Make sure it never goes back from the US. Tariffs can go a long way to locking in the gains - permanently.

Blogger AIG said...
China doesn't know anything about quality, and it's bad enough to wonder if they even have a word for it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home