1. Intrade odds for the Republicans to control the House after the November elections is now up to a contract-high of 60%.
2. China: Mobile phone users top 805 million in June.
3. Eurosclerosis Comes to America (NYT, with great graph)- "This recession has been unique in terms of the multitude of public policies that dull incentives to work and earn income."
4. Rethinking Socialized Medicine in Canada (IBD).
5. When you think of quality healthcare at lower costs, think Brazil.
6. Foreign-trained MDs As Good As Those Trained in U.S.
7. Android Beats iPhone With New Subscribers.