Tuesday, January 22, 2008

How To Rent A $1,500 Tokyo Apartment? Pay $10K



For a $1,500 per month apartment in Tokyo:

1. New renters have to pay 2 month's rent in advance = $3,000

2. New renters have to give another 2 month's rent as a security deposit = $3,000

3. New renters also have to give another 2 month's rent as a gift to the landlord, which is not refundable
= $3,000

4. New renters also have to give another month's rent as a finder's fee to the realtor, which is also not refundable = $1,500


Total Cost = $10,500

Read more here.

But as a special bonus, you might get one of these Japanese toilet/sink combos:


1 Comments:

At 1/23/2008 6:30 PM, Blogger BlogDog said...

I remember the toilet/sink from my time in Japan a couple of decades ago. I wish I could get one for my house now. It would save water when I wash my hands afterwards and it woulds be a real check on a running commode.
But that's just me.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home