Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Back-To-School Item: $175 Bulletproof Backpack

Parents have a new item to add to their kids’ back-to-school supplies list this fall: the bulletproof backpack (pictured above).

Just in time for the new academic year, Massachusetts-based MJ Safety Solutions has unveiled "My Child’s Pack," described on the company’s website as the first “full size, lightweight ballistic protection backpack that is affordable and practical.”

The response has been overwhelming. Orders for the $175 bags have been pouring in online and the one store in Danvers, Mass. carrying the packs has been sold out since day one.

Continue reading here.

4 Comments:

At 9/16/2007 10:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Except, how does it protect you from the front?

 
At 9/16/2007 11:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

...put it in front of you!?

 
At 9/19/2007 3:19 PM, Blogger Matt said...

The safest thing for your child:


http://www.polyfabrics.com/images/land/bubbleBoy%20Bubbles.jpg

 
At 2/09/2008 9:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

With the recent school shootings (2 seperate schools in the last week) I think those guys at MJ SafetySolutions are on the right track with the My Child's Pack bulletproof backpack. I didn't realy think about it too much, but now I am changing my thinking. I hate to think about my kids having to have a bullet resistant shield, but it in this world, I think giving them some piece of mind, might be worth it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home