Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Craigslist Meets Wall Street

Original Craigslist post: "Okay, I'm tired of beating around the bush. I'm a beautiful (spectacularly beautiful) 25 year old girl. I'm articulate and classy. I'm not from New York. I'm looking to get married to a guy who makes at least half a million a year."

From a repsonse on Craigslist (below original post): "Cutting through all the B.S., what you suggest is a simple trade: you bring your looks to the party and I bring my money. Fine, simple. But here's the rub, your looks will fade and my money will likely continue into perpetuity...in fact, it is very likely that my income increases but it is an absolute certainty that you won't be getting any more beautiful!"

New response on Craigslist: "Though you did not mention the details of your occupation, it is clear that you are an investment banker and not a trader, as any good trader would understand that human courtships are based upon a semi-efficient open market, and not an investment banking cartel. However, your inability to grasp the realities of the dating market is not surprising, given that you have successfully employed the tools of collusion and market manipulation rather that true acumen in your supposed wealth generation."

2 Comments:

At 10/19/2007 7:41 AM, Blogger thomasblair said...

I don't get it. How has the original respondent "employed the tools of collusion and market manipulation" in his dealings with the woman? Is she just insulting him within the confines of the analogy?

 
At 10/19/2007 5:52 PM, Blogger thomasblair said...

The third link is broken. Here's a more permanent link:

http://www.craigslist.org/about/best/nyc/445962092.html

 

Post a Comment

<< Home