Friday, October 05, 2007

Club For Growth: Symposium on Free Trade

The Club for Growth features a "Symposium on Free Trade" on its website, based on yesterday's Wall Street Journal "Republicans Grow Skeptical On Free Trade," which reported that "Six in 10 Republicans in the poll agreed with a statement that free trade has been bad for the U.S. and said they would agree with a Republican candidate who favored tougher regulations to limit foreign imports."

I was one of the six respondents who commented on the WSJ article.

1 Comments:

At 10/05/2007 11:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Even though I work at GM, and my UAW union has a protectionist bent, I personally think people should have a right to buy whatever they want. That’s consumer freedom, and I like freedom. How can you be free when someone is telling you what you can buy or what you can do?

I am curious, though, why the 10 million US jobs added since 2002 have not reduced the poverty rate. U.S. Census Bureau data show a poverty rate of 12.3% in 2006 compared to 12.1% in 2002. If an abundance of jobs were added in that time frame, why did the poverty rate increase instead of decrease?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home